Beccy Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yes - you read the title correctly, fig and paprika breast milk cheese.

A proud new father has taken the miracle of the birth of his child, to a whole new level. The New York bistro Chef and Owner is serving his wife's breast milk cheese to customers.

Here is a wonderful selection of quotes from an interview the Chef and his wife gave to the New York Post.

"It tastes like cow's-milk cheese, kind of sweet."

"I think a lot of the criticism has to do with the combination of sex and cheese, but . . . the breast is there to make food."

"Some people who clearly have issues have . . . e-mailed me saying, 'I wasn't breast-fed as a child, so can I taste your breast milk?"

Where should I start with this one? I'll make my opinion on this totally clear .. yuck, revolting, no thanks!

Cows milk has to be pasteurized to kill off all the germies (I think I just made that word up) and bacteria. Right? I would really like to see my breast milk go through the same process before consumption. Some how I get the feeling he doesn't have an industrial pasteurization plant in the back of his bistro.

Regardless - I don't even drink moo juice. If you are thinking 'Beccy, why don't you drink milk? It's SOOOO good for you!'. Then I suggest you read Milks Deception, although you will possibly send me hate mail once you read the article, as the thought of milk will most defiantly make you throw up a little.

There is a quote in the article from the Health Department stating; "The restaurant knows that cheese made from breast milk is not for public consumption, whether sold or given away." Why is this guy risking his whole lively hood, which supports this baby - on some stupid idea? The Health Department will shut that whole operation down and then some!

It's one thing to possibly experiment - although why he is broadcasting it to the world and giving interviews to the New York Post?

Let's see how fancy and cutting edge he thinks he is with his boob milk cheese once he is broke and without a roof over his head. The Health Department is coming!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow that is really out there. There are good ideas, and then there are ideas that you think are good but really aren't. This is one of the latter.
I hope this guy gets some common sense before he gets shut down. It's totally not worth it. If he's so set on the idea, he could just do that for his family.

Post a Comment